The Magic Mountain tour of Montserrat by Road Bike
Road cycling in Montserrat, the magical Catalan mountain.
Montserrat is the holy mountain for Catalan people and it is one of the greatest touristic attractions of Catalonia. It is for sure the most popular daytrip from Barcelona. And also a real challenge to climb up there. Did you know that climbing here to rengrace the black Virgin of Montserrat (La Moreneta) is a classic among the catalan people?
If you want to pray for anyone or anything then you are in the right place.
More than that, Montserrat mountain is a natural phenomena, with its rounded forms of calcaric stone, destination of rock climbers, and also cycling climbers. “Montserrat” literally means “saw (serrated, like the common handsaw) mountain” in Catalan. It describes its peculiar aspect with multitude of rock formations which are visible from a great distance. The mountain is composed of strikingly pink conglomerate, a form of sedimentary rock. Montserrat is Spain’s first National Park.
The views of the mountain are spectacular! Surrounding the mountain you can see different shapes and you can feel that the mountain is changing. It is an incredible experience. Do not miss it!!!
Meeting Point: Monistrol de Montserrat rack railway station.
1 person: 130,00 euros
2 people: 90,00 euros per person
– High end carbon road bike rental (if you bring your own bike, 40,00 euros off)
– Guided tour 80 km long, this is a demanding route including 3 climbs and 1800 mts elevation
– Pick up/drop off at your hotel in Barcelona: 100,00 euros
– Lunch after ride at a typical catalan restaurant: 25,00 euros per person
AT A GLANCE
- 4 hours
- 1 – 4 guests
- Does not include pick up/drop-off
- Available all year long
- Guide speaks: English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian
- Extras offered: Lunch, I’ll bring my own bicycle and Pick up & Drop off
- Cancellation 100% refund in case of bad weather