The Magic Mountain tour of Montserrat by Road Bike
Road cycling in Montserrat, the magical Catalan mountain.
Montserrat is the holy mountain for Catalan people and it is one of the greatest tourist attractions of Catalonia. It is for sure the most popular day trip from Barcelona and also a real challenge to climb up there. Did you know that climbing to Montserrat to thank the Black Virgin (La Moreneta) is a classic among the Catalan people?
If you want to pray for anyone or anything then you are in the right place.
More than that, Montserrat mountain is a natural phenomenon, with its rounded forms of calcitic stone. They are destination of rock climbers, and also cycling climbers. “Montserrat” literally means “saw (serrated, like the common handsaw) mountain” in the Catalan language. It describes its peculiar aspect with a multitude of rock formations that are visible from a great distance. Montserrat is Spain’s first National Park.
The views of the mountain are spectacular! Surrounding the mountain you can see different shapes and you can feel that the mountain is changing. Road cycling in Montserrat is an incredible experience. Do not miss it!!!
Meeting Point: Monistrol de Montserrat rack railway station.
1 person: 150,00 euros
2 people: 110,00 euros per person
– High-end carbon road bike rental (if you bring your own bike, 30,00 euros off)
– Guided tour 80 km long, please consider this is a demanding route including 3 climbs and 1800 mts elevation
– Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Barcelona: 130,00 euros
– Lunch after the ride at a typical Catalan restaurant: 30,00 euros per person
AT A GLANCE
- 4 hours
- 1 – 4 guests
- Available all year long
- Guide speaks: English, Catalan, Spanish and Italian
- Extras offered: Lunch, Pick up & Drop off
- Cancellation 100% refund in case of bad weather