Here we suggest our most successful trip in Catalonia, our self-guided Barcelona Girona cycling trip.
Putting together Barcelona, the great Mediterranean metropolis, and Girona through the best roads, is a nice challenge that will take you through the Catalan landscapes and culture.
You will be able to get to know the Catalan culture and our amazing Mediterranean diet, always tasty and healthy. This is not just about cycling (even if the average distance is 80 km per day), but also about knowing some details of Catalonia and Spain.
In this Barcelona Girona cycling trip you will find amazing spots to ride through:
Not to mention one of our favorite destinations: Figueres, where the genius Salvador Dali was born and you can visit his Museum, just a few meters from the hotel you will be staying.
Barcelona Girona Self-guided cycling trip
A self-guided trip is the best way to discover a region at your own pace. You can stop for lunch wherever you want and your luggage will be at your destination when you arrive.
The hotel selection is very accurate, all of them are bike-friendly. Food is also very good in all of them (one of our requirements).
Good amount of climbing in our Barcelona Girona!
This trip won’t take you straight from Barcelona to Girona, but will send you to some beautiful climbs in the Pyrenees.
Let us mention just 3 stunning climbs that you will suffer but also enjoy, especially when you get to the top: Sant Pere de Rodes Monastery, Mare de Deu del Mont, and Santuari del Far. All 3 with some religious building at the top, and the views from the top of all 3 climbs is simply captivating.
Will you join us?
Barcelona Girona, cycling trip in 6 stages
Recommended all year long.
|DEPARTURE:||Hotel in Barcelona. You will begin cycling from the hotel|
|DEPARTURE TIME||You choose the starting time. Usually 9 AM every day|
|Carbon road bike rental|
|6 nights in hotels including breakfast in, Barcelona, Calella, Caldes de Malavella, L’Escala, Figueres, and Olot.|
|Dinner at hotels except day 1 in Barcelona|
|Maps and tracks for all stages|
|Luggage transportation from hotel to hotel|
|Cycling guide first day to get out of Barcelona|
|Hotline you can call in case of any problem during the route|
|Dinner in Barcelona (ask for our recommendations)|
- This route takes you to the best roads around Barcelona and Girona. We know every small road and we will keep you away from busy and dangerous roads.
- We can adapt every stage to your needs making them longer or shorter (we might change some destination towns) and including more or less climbs.
- Tour itself can be shortened if needed. 6 stages are the ideal number of stages to get to know the coastal roads, some climbing getting to the Pyrenees, and some of the best roads around Girona. But we can adapt the route to 4, 5, or 7 stages if you need it.
- Our hotel selection is very accurate. We mix some of the best urban hotels (in Barcelona you will enjoy a fantastic 4 stars hotel with the best location) with other hotels at the seaside and even some rural cozy hotels. You will enjoy all of them.
- 6 cycling days
- From 560 kilometers
- 6 nights in 3-4 stars hotels
- Recommended from March to November. Better avoid July and August.
- This trip can be tailor-made throughout the year to suit your requirements