Here we suggest our most successfull trip in Catalonia, our selfguided Barcelona-Girona cycling trip.
Putting together Barcelona, the great mediterranean metropolis, and Girona through the best roads, is a nice challenge that will take you through the catalan landscapes and culture.
You will be able to get to know the catalan culture and our amazing mediterranean diet, always tasty and healthy. This is not just about cycling (even if the average distance is 80 km per day), but also about knowing some details of Catalonia and Spain.
On the way from Barcelona to Girona you will find amazing spots to ride through:
Not to mention one of our favourite destinations: Figueres, where the genious Salvador Dali was born and you can visit his Museum, just a few meters from the hotel you will be staying.
A selfguided trip is the best way to discover a region at your own pace. You can stop for lunch wherever you want and your luggage will be at your destination when you arrive.
The hotel selection is very accurated, all of them are bikefriendly. Food is also very good in all of them (one of our requirements).
Good amount of climbing as well!
This trip won’t take you straight from Barcelona to Girona, but will send you to some beautiful climbs in the Pyrenees.
Let us mention just 3 stunning climbs that you will suffer but also enjoy, specially when you get to the top: Sant Pere de Rodes Monastry, Mare de Deu del Mont, and Santuari del Far. All 3 with some religious building at the top. The views from the top of all 3 climbs is simply captivating.
Will you join us?
Barcelona-Girona, cycling trip in 6 stages
Recommended all year long.
||Hotel in Barcelona. You will begin cycling from the hotel
||You choose starting time. Usually 9AM every day
|Carbon road bike rental
|6 nights in hotels including breakfast in, Barcelona, Calella, Caldes de Malavella, L’Escala, Figueres and Olot.
|Dinner at hotels except day 1 in Barcelona
|Maps and tracks for all stages
|Luggage transportation from hotel to hotel
|Cycling guide first day to get out of Barcelona
|Hotline you can call in case of any problem during the route
|Dinner in Barcelona (ask for our recommendations)
- This route takes you to the best roads around. We know every small road you will enjoy and keep away from busy and dangerous roads.
- We can adapt every stage to your needs making them longer or shorter (we might change some destination towns)
- Tour itself can be shortened if needed. 6 stages is the ideal number of stages to get to know the coastal roads, some climbing getting to the Pyrenees and some of the best roads around Girona. But we can adapt the route to 4, 5 or 7 stages if you need.
- Our hotel selection is very accurated. We mix some of the best urban hotels (in Barcelona you will enjoy a fantastic 4 stars hotel with the best location) with other hotels at the seaside and even some rural cozy hotels. You will enjoy all of them.
- 6 cycling days
- From 560 kilometers
- 6 nights in 3-4 stars hotels
- Recommended from March to November. Better avoid July and August.
- This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements