The Magic Mountain tour of Montserrat by Road Bike
Surrounding the magical Catalan mountain
Montserrat, the holy mountain for Catalan people, one of the greatest touristic attractions of Catalonia. And also a real challenge to climb up there. Do you know that climbing here to rengrace the black Virgin of Montserrat (La Moreneta) is a classic among the catalan people? Do you want to pray for anyone or anything? Then you are in the right place. The views of the mountain are spectacular! Surrounding the mountain you can see different shapes, the mountain changes. An incredible experience. Do not miss it!!!
Meeting Point: Monistrol de Montserrat rack railway station.
1 person: 120,00 euros
2 people: 90,00 euros per person
3 people or more: 75,00 euros per person
– High end carbon road bike rental (if you bring your own bike, 40,00 euros off)
– Guided tour 80 km long, demanding route including 3 climbs, 1800 mts elevation
– Pick up/drop off at your hotel in Barcelona: 50,00 euros
– Lunch after ride at a typical catalan restaurant: 25,00 euros per person
AT A GLANCE
- 4 hours
- 1 – 4 guests
- Does not include pick up and drop-off
- Available all year
- Guide speaks: English, Catalan, Spanish, Italian
- Extras offered Lunch, I’ll bring my own bicycle, Pick up & Drop off
- Cancellation 50% refund up to 5 days prior
- “If you are a cyclist and want a trans-formative experience, this is not to be missed” I’ve often dreamed of riding Europe’s famous roads and experiencing the views and climbs made famous by the grand tours. With Montefusco cycling, my guide Claudio made that happen and took care of every detail along the way. I found myself once again in Barcelona with time to spare and having walked the majority of the city, I thought it would be worthwhile to try to head out of town and see the surrounding area but didn’t want to try this on my own, not knowing the roads or how to get out there. Montefusco cycling solved all those problems with the Montserrat Mountain ride I chose. Claudio, who is knowledgeable, friendly and full of advice and history of the area, picked me up at my hotel and drove us out to the base of the holy mountain of Montserrat 40 minutes outside Barcelona proper. My Orbea bike was fit perfectly with pedal clips to match my shoes and he brought a helmet and extra water. We began the long ascent immediately and as we climbed he explained the significance of the mountain and the area. The ride, while one of my most difficult to date, was more than I had hoped with unparalleled views, epic descents through beautiful towns and of course tons of challenging climbing. Once we reached the monastery, I had felt like I had indeed gone through something spiritual. A consummate professional and a great riding companion, Claudio made that afternoon one of the highlights of my European trip. If I return to Barcelona I have every intention of scheduling another ride. This is well worth the money and highly recommended!
- “You will not make any mistake if you decide to rent bicycle and take guided tour with Claudio. I was staying at my friend’s place , in small city 60 km from Barcelona, and for really affordable price Claudio delivered bicycle and after 7 days he collected it. Bicycle was really good carbon fiber Orbea and what was EXCEPTIONAL is the set up of bicycle. Before my trip I sent e-mail to Claudio with the most important dimensions and he and his mechanic made it exactly same as mine !!!! Claudio speaks very good English and you will not have any problems communicating with him. I wanted to go by myself to climb famous Montserrat Mountain since there is ton or rides on Strava, Garmin Connect etc. but decide to hire Claudio as a guide. Again FULL success !!!! For really small price he picked me and my family (no cost for taking them with us) , we drove to base of the mountain and while we were cycling my wife and son were sightseeing Monastery and surroundings. Since he is in terrific shape he can go any pace you want ( I am racer and I thought I can drop him but I had to settle in wheel sucking mode 🙂 plus the route that he chose was unbelievable , with secret picturesque climb that nobody was using. I strongly suggest that you pick Montserrat tour if you like climbing (1500 m of climbing on 60 km ride). He also suggested what HC climb to tackle in Pyrenees , I spent a weekend in Andorra, and also sent me GPX files for most of rides that I rode. THANKS Claudio !!!!!!!! “